I like making my own granola, even though it is easy to go and get store-bought granola. It is so easy to make and only takes only a short amount of time. And I could add in all the things I like and leave out everything else I don’t – like dried fruits, I’m never a fan of them.
This granola is perfect with yogurt or milk, and even better – enjoy it plain by itself! ( I’m guilty as charged). I usually use honey in my granola and this is the first time I’m using maple syrup and it is SO good! I only made half a batch, I think I might need to bake more of these this coming weekend! ( because I might eat them all before then ).
Maple Almond Granola
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 150 degree Celcius. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, toss together all the dry ingredients.
3. Add in the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Press into prepared baking pan, flattening the top so it is perfectly even.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for a couple minutes. Break up into small cluster pieces.
6. Throw the clusters back into the baking pan and bake the clusters for 10 more minutes. Let cool.