With Valentine just around the corner, here’s an idea for a homemade gift for your loved ones. The elements of this cookie – the rich and chocolatey cookie base, melted chocolate and white and pink marshmallow – makes a very delicious and indulgent treat, perfect for a festive celebration or just because. You don’t really need a reason to treat yourself – or your loved ones – once in a while, right?
This is one of the most delicious cookies I have ever made or had. It is seriously that good! Next time you’re going into the kitchen, I highly recommend you try this recipe.
Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Cookies
Adapted from Zoom Yummy
60 gr unsalted butter
180 gr dark chocolate
20 squares dark chocolate blocks
1 cup plain flour
1/8 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
10 marshmallows, cut in half
1. Melt butter and 180 gr dark chocolate with a double-boiling method.
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla at low speed until smooth, 2 minutes.
4. Add the chocolate mixture in about 4 batches. Mix just until blended.
5. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, mixing on low speed until just combined.
6. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 160 degree C.
8. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. With a cookie scoop or two tablespoon, form about 3 cm balls.
9. Bake cookies for about 12 minutes.
10. Remove the cookies from the oven, place a square of chocolate on top of each cookie, then place a marshmallow half on top of each chocolate square and press lightly.
11. Bake until the marshmallows are just softened, about 4 minutes.
12. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack to cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with cocoa powder or grated chocolate.