My heart did a little dance when I saw the new-to-Australia Raspberry M&Ms. And to my delight, it’s offered at half-price this week, so I got some. I just had to, you know! These come in red, pink and white. And I imagined this would make some pretty cookies! So I whipped up a batch of cookies, divided the batter in two to make black & white ( a.k.a chocolate and vanilla ) cookies.
The white cookie is good, the generous amount of cinnamon gives a nice extra kick to it. But the chocolate one, I’m gonna be honest now, is really really good. It’s fudgy and oh-so-deliciously-chocolatey – it’s almost like a brownie, in a cookie form! These cookies are crunchy on the edges and soft and chewy in the center, my favorite kind of cookie.
Black and White Raspberry M&Ms Cookies
Adapted from Java Cupcake
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate powder
1/2 tsp espresso powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
200 gr Raspberry M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 175 C degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together half of the flour, salt and baking soda, then add in cocoa and espresso powder. In another bowl, sift together half of the flour, salt and baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Set aside half of the wet ingredients, incorporate the dry ingredients for the white cookie until it comes together. Repeat for the black cookie.
- Fold in the M&Ms.
- Drop a spoonful size rounds of dough onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Press 2-3 M&M’s onto the top of each ball.
- Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes. Do not over bake. Let cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.