This morning I went all out and made a complete big breakfast – egg in a hole, bacon and sausage, roasted tomatoes, and finger-licking good oven fries. Even though it isn’t hard to make, it does take time! But it was so good, it was worth the effort. I’m already thinking to make another big breakfast in the next week or two!
Egg in a Hole
1 slice of bread
1 tbs butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 220′ C. Cut a hole in the middle of the bread with a round cookie cutter or a glass.
2. Melt half of the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Place bread and toast for 1 minute. Melt the rest of the butter, flip bread and
4. Crack egg in the hole, season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Put skillet in the oven and grill for 3-5 minutes until egg is cooked to your liking.
Cajun Oven Fries
4 medium sized potato
3 tbs olive oil
2 tsp cajun spice mix
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp oregano
salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 220′ C.
2. Cut potato into wedges. Steam for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl combine all the other ingredients.
4. Toss potatoes in dressing until well-coated, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with aluminium foil.
5. Roast for 30-40 minutes until golden brown, turning every once in a while.