I bought a huge block of cheddar cheese a couple of weeks ago and not wanting that to go to waste, I searched high and low for a nice Indonesian cheese cake aka “bolu keju” recipe. And when I found a particular recipe that I liked, all I could think about was that soft and moist cheesy cake. I knew I had to make it! I skipped the topping, and I sorta regret it now. It would’ve been even more delicious!
Adapted from Dapur Bunda
200 gr caster sugar
300 gr margarine / butter
7 egg yolks
5 egg whites
250 gr plain flour
150 gr grated cheddar cheese
50 gr grated cheddar cheese
1. Mix together margarine/butter and sugar until mixture is thick and glossy.
2. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and mix until well combined.
3. Fold in 150gr cheese, then flour.
4. On a separate bowl, mix egg whites until soft peak forms, and incorporate into the cake mixture.
5. Spoon into cake pan / muffin tins, sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.